[THIN] printing... creation of printers

  • From: "Rink, Jesse" <JRink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:47:26 -0600

Ok.  Looks like printing is a lot different in XP than 1.8 and I'm =
having trouble understanding a few things that are stated in the Admin =
Guide.

If I logon to a Citrix session (published desktop) from my Wyse =
terminal, I can go to Add Printer, and add a network printer from the =
print server located in that domain.  The printer than shows up for the =
user and the user can print to it from any application.  Seems to work =
fine.

However, if I understand the Admin Guide correctly, I can make it so =
users don't have to use Add Printer in Control Panel by importing a =
print server under the Network Print Servers tab in the CMC.  I've done =
this, and all 25 printers on the print server then show up on the =
Printers tab.  I've selected a printer from that list and selected the =
Auto Create and assigned a user to it.  But when I logon to as that =
user, the printer does not show up under their printers.  They still =
have to add it from Add Printers.  Am I doing something wrong?