[THIN] Re: print server question

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:12:12 -0400

But as long as I have all of the drivers installed on the new server for all
of the different client operating systems as alternate drivers it should
work right?  Or are you saying that because on the NT 4.0 print server the
drivers are set to run in kernel mode (version 2 drivers) irregardless of
the client operating system, and with a 2k3 print server drivers will
operate in user mode (version 3) so there may be the occasional problem with
that?  Is that what you are saying?

-Thank you for your help by the way-