[THIN] Re: o/t anyone catch the Softricity Webinar today?

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:53:42 -0500

I've done the winzip/softricity thing before.  It is like Ron said.  You
sequence up the app, and then provide the access to the user on the target
system via shortcuts.  In this case if you add the registry settings into
explorer to add the menu.  3.0 adds the automatic "open a .zip means run
this" setting, but so far they haven't automatic things like explorer menus.

If you want the Softgrid client embedded, you will have to push your thin
client vendor.  After the cache, consider memory and processor speed too.
You might be better using the thin client as is and running softgrid on the
terminal server. Keep in mind that Softricity upgrades the client 2-3 times
a year so far, too.

tim

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D