[THIN] Re: off topic - breaking into MS Access

  • From: Paul Allan <pallan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:16:10 -0400

If you know the user name you want to log in as, try opening a copy of
the database file in a text editor and performing a text search for that
user name.  I recently had to "break in" to an Access db, and the
passwords were in plain text.  I don't know if that's normal or just
something our db guy did wrong :)