[THIN] notes together with Microsoft

  • From: "Rob Beekmans" <robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:00:20 +0200

Hi, for it seems to be operational enough to post, here's my notes question.

I've posted this before, but know in the light of the latest devolpments I'm
gone post a complete review and hope someone can shed an ew light on it.
I've got a customer running Lotus Notes 5.0.5 on Terminal server 4.0 /
MetaFrame 1.8.
They use a facility management application from which they want to send mails
to customers, just sending not receiving.
They asked us to implement Lotus Notes on Citrix, as we did.
Lotus Notes was installed the usuall way, using the notes.ini.dir file to
redirect the notes.ini location to the users home directory.
Lotus notes works fine, on itself.
However when we try to send mails from e.g. the specific application or word we
can't get it working anyway than putting the users notes.ini local on the
server.
Putting the users notes.ini local on the server takes away the ability to use
notes in a multi user environment, that's why the notes.ini.dir has been
brought in.
I've read all I could find on the vast internet and haven't found the solution
yet.
things we've tried.

- edited the MAPISVC.inf files to get lotus notes included in the mapi client
selection screen.
- added notes to the registry HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\current
version\compatibility\inifiles
- followed all documents from citrix and lotus with no result.

My question to all of you is;
Have you ever got notes working on a thin environment together with word and
other programs, so that you could send mails through notes from those other
programs?
If so, how did you do it and why can't I get it working (I know the answer to
that one...LOL).
Some how I seem to miss something.

Thanks for any input

greetings