[THIN] Re: new printer mapping issue

  • From: Rick Mack <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:47:36 +1000

Hi Adam,

It's easy to cover a spooler crash with a simple script called by the
spooler service recovery action, eg

net stop cpsvc

:: this step is unnecessary but useful if you want to use the script
stand-alone
net stop spooler > nul: 2>&1
del /q %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*

net start spooler
net start cpsvc

However a stalled spooler service is a bit harder to manage.

Ideally what you really want to do is clean up your printer drivers so that
the spooler  service and citris print manager service stay stable. Check out
the Addprinter and StressPrinters utilities (
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX109374). With a bit of work you can get
rid of this problem totally.

I tried to cover this stuff in the printer workshop at Briforum last year
but the workshop kind of degenerated into a Scredrivers promotion so we
missed some information that should have been shared.

regards,

Rick
--
Ulrich Mack