[THIN] Re: mcafee host intrusion prevention and terminal server

  • From: Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:57:52 -0500

It costs 5-10 users per server per my estimates.  Who is buying you
more hardware to replace the lost capicity?  The worst part aside from
eating core for breakfast is that it gums up the network stack.

The HIPS sensor is not a good fit for anything production on the
server side from my tests.

Patrick Cioughlin
Citrix Goon

On 2/26/09, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> unfortunately it's going on every server.
>
> another case of "Ready, Fire!  aim..."
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hips is evil.  It is a resourse hog on the desktop we tested.  Put a
>> dedicated hips box on the same subnet if you must, but get that mess
>> off of your citrix box.
>>
>> Patrick Coughlin
>> Citrix Goon
>>

>> On 2/25/09, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I bet it was f'ing Pennington the turd.
>> >

>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> > set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
>> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
>> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
>> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
>> > http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
>> > Thinlist MOBILE Feed
>> > http://thinlist.net/mobile
>> set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
>> Follow ThinList on Twitter
>> http://twitter.com/thinlist
>> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
>> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
>> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
>> http://thinlist.net/mobile
Follow ThinList on Twitter