[THIN] Re: license count

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:22:08 -0400

What tools can you use to interrogate the license logfile?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2009, at 18:07, "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should be able to use the LMTools utility that gets installed along with the FlexLM service that's on the license server. It's perhaps easiest to use one of the command-line tools like "lmutil lmstat -a" or something similar (Understand that I'm saying this based on my experience with FlexLM services in the past ... Citrix may have obscured or disabled some native Flex functionality)

Further, if you turn on license logging, there are tools available that can interrogate that logfile to show historical license usage.