[THIN] Re: licence server error?!

  • From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:58:11 -0400

I am guessing this might be a cloned server and you are using WSUS for you
updates? If so delete the following keys they will be recreated on next
restart

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windowsupdate

Delete the following entries, if present:

   - AccountDomainSID
   - SusClientID
   - PingID

After deleting the keys you should be able to get the updates from your SUS
server on next reboot.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:32 AM, deheugden <deheugden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> guys,
>
> 1 of our citrix servers(lets call him cs1) has the following error in the
> log:
> The terminal services could not locate a license server. Confirm that
> all license servers on the network are registered in WINS\DNS,
> accepting network requests, and the Terminal Services Licensing
> Service is running.
>
> and
>
> Replication of license information failed because the License Logging
> Service on server \\licence1 could not be contacted.
>

> i can ping our licenceserver from that citrix server(cs1),the licence
> server is in the client's registry and exists in dns and wins
> database.
>
> also i cant install packages to that same citrix server(cs1) because
> of windows installer problems according to our monitoring tool.
>
> I think problem 2 has got to the with poblem 1, some1 an idea?
>
> Thanks.
>
> dre
> //www.freelists.org/list/thin

Jim Kenzig