[THIN] Re: latency

  • From: rose.ratliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:51:26 -0600

It is an actual pause.  The user will be typing, composing an email or word
document, and look at their screen and notice that their last letters did
not appear.  It can be a couple letters, or I have seen it up to three or
four words.  They stop typing, wait for it to catch up, and sometimes when
it does letters are missing.  I would estimate the delay has been as much
as 15 seconds - which is significant when you are dealing with people who
can really type!  It has happened to most of our users at one time or
another.  All on local switched Lan.

Thanks to Dave Melczer who just sent me chklat.exe.

 Rosemarie J. Ratliffe                        E-mail:
rose.ratliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Manager Information Systems          Tel: (780) 482 2626
 Alberta Medical Association             Fax: (780) 482 5445
 Edmonton  AB  T5N 3Z1

                      Frank Monroe

                      <Frank.Monroe@mo         To:      "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      tient.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject: [THIN] Re: latency

                      thin-bounce@free

                      lists.org

                      10/03/02 10:42

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to thin

Hello,

Are you talking about echo delay or actual pauses for a few seconds while
typing?