[THIN] Re: if you could only choose one...

App-v; separating apps out and creating a transportable app deployment across devices (servers/desktops/laptops) is of greater benefit than 2008r2; and I can migrate to that when appv goes 64bit

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Aug 2009, at 17:09, "Wilson, Christopher" <CMWilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Windows 2008 R2 is 64-bit only. App-V is 32-bit only (presently). If you had to pick one which would it be – 64-bit arch or app virtua lization? (and why?)

64bit means more memory and more users per server, but possibly some compatibility issues

App-V means less app conflicts and hence less silos, but 32 bit only.

I’m planning for a Citrix farm upgrade and curious about your though ts.