[THIN] Re: if you could only choose one...

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:45:38 -0400

App v 32 bit works on 64 bit os. At least it did for us although not officially support by ms. I hear the 64 bit app v client is in beta and should ne avaliable in sept or oct

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:09, "Wilson, Christopher" <CMWilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Windows 2008 R2 is 64-bit only. App-V is 32-bit only (presently). If you had to pick one which would it be – 64-bit arch or app virtua lization? (and why?)

64bit means more memory and more users per server, but possibly some compatibility issues

App-V means less app conflicts and hence less silos, but 32 bit only.

I’m planning for a Citrix farm upgrade and curious about your though ts.