[THIN] Re: if you could only choose one...

  • From: "Wilson, Christopher" <CMWilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:06:14 -0500

Good point.  In this case, app deployment across all platforms is not a
requirement.  It is just for the Citrix environment.

I see app virtualization adding a lot of value.  I wasn't considering
Citrix "client side virtualization", I think it's called, for this.
Perhaps I should.   What I would rather avoid is a case of trying the
citrix solution to see what I get, and then being faced with local
install or a second app virt solution if the packaging success rate is
too low.

So to frame it another way, is the performance gain from 64bit Windows
2008 significant enough that I would want to live with what app virt
XenApp can buy me and live without App-V all together?