[THIN] Re: global or multi regional citrix farms

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:03:49 +0100

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that.  I had previously downloaded that chapter from your
site...whilst thinking, hhhmmm, that was quite convenient, so many thanks for
that.

Just to balance things up, I have in my possesion, your new TS2003 book...

What I was trying to identify by posting on the list was, how people felt
about single global farms and whether they viewed the data store as a single
point of failure despite employing high availability resilient database
platforms.  I'm not too worried about having the DataStore constantly on-line,
but rather ensuring that the integrity of the data is retained.  Does
replication cause corruption type problems?

The problem I saw with a global farm was the lack of maintenance window for
farmwide settings, i.e. whilst London was awake, Australia were asleep and
vice-versa.. rumour is that PS3 splits it into zone wide settings.. do you
happen to know if this is true?  Without the PS3 documentation, its difficult
to put together a design.

Also, whilst on your site, there was a lot of adverts for the Madden games.
Is there any link there or is that just a coincidence?

thanks, Brian

PS. I also bought the Citrix 2003 offical guide to building Enterprise Access
Suites, and there was very little DataStore design!??!