[THIN] conditional setting for home drive

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:53:51 -0400

Hi group,

I have an older telnet-based application (Jbase30 )running on the dedicated
server. Users access it through terminal programm (Accuterm 97) published in
Citrix.

This app seem to require an home drive set to local drive d:\Users\username.
We set user's home drive to local d:\users\username in AD and it works fine.
Now when same user uses normal windows apps in my citrix (with remapped
drives to x and y) there is no d drive and things become pretty ugly.

I think about clearing home drive settings in AD and manipulate user home
drive settings depending on server he/she logs on to. I can get as far as
setting the condition in my logon script:

If exist d:\JBASE30\bin\jsh.exe goto JBASE
If exist %windir%\system\kernel32.dll goto WIN_OK
If exist %windir%\system32\kernel32.dll goto WIN_OK

:WIN_OK
net use u: \\server_name\sharename\%username%
SET HOMEDRIVE=U
SET HOMESHARE=\\server_name\sharename\%username%
echo The letter U: on your computer has been mapped to your user account
goto EXIT

:JBASE
SET HOMEDRIVE=D
SET HOMEPATH=\USERS\%USERNAME%
goto EXIT

:EXIT

I verified my condition works. Currently Home Drive setting for the test
user is set to local drive and is blank. Any server I log in to defaults my
home variables to systemroot\documents and Settings\%username%. This means I
can not overwrite what is set in AD. Can someone piont me in the right
direction?

Thanks a lot,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320