[THIN] Re: client license will expire in N days

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:12:55 -0400

In a Windows 2000 domain the license server needs to be a domain =
controller.  I would not recommend making your win2k terminal server a =
domain controller.

Do you have the licensing hotfix installed on both the license server =
and your terminal servers?  If not you should.  It sets an expiration on =
the license tokens and allows them to be reclaimed after a certain about =
of time.

It only applies to new licenses though.  You will need to call Microsoft =
to reclaim lost licenses once the hotfix is installed.

Greg