[THIN] Re: basic dns question

  • From: "Greg Moseley" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:02:45 -0000

Hi,

To access a file share using a DNS alias you have to create the following
registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
Value name: DisableStrictNameChecking
REG_DWORD
Value: 1

Unfortunately it doesn't work for printers though - MSCS is required for
that.

Thanks
Greg