[THIN] Re: access denied when accessing citrix through web interface (HTTP error 401)

  • From: Lara Adianto <m1r4cle_26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I configure explicit NT auth, but I don't specify the domain name. It is
prompted to the user together with the username & password. It shouldn't be an
issue in my case right ?

I agree, using citrix program neighborhood, seems that the auth is using
Netlogon (which is the same as NTLM I believe) when I don't enable pass-through
auth. So with WI, if I use explicit NT auth, probably the auth will be NTLM as
well. I can't see this in the traffic now, keep getting the error 401 stated in
my prev mail. In the IIS, I configured basic auth with default domain set to
the user domain, and anonymous auth as well...so that user can see the citrix
login page directly. Is my configuration right ?

What about WI with desktop credential pass-through enabled ? is it using
Kerberos ? Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks
lara

"Lambert, Ryan" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
I could be wrong, as I?m not too familiar with the guts of WI, but I am pretty
sure it will use NTLM.

What do you currently have configured? Explicit NT Auth? You?ve got your Domain
name in there also?