[THIN] Re: Xerox 432 on MetaFrame

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:11:49 -0500

Are they Postscript or PCL drivers?

We have had to dance through multiple version of all the drivers ... The
ones that do duplexing don't support Unicode, and the ones that support
Unicode cause print job corruption. When we finally found a driver that
did both, it would cause the spooler on our print server to die. It's a
mess.

One thing we did was install Tricerat's Simplify Printing, so if we did
have a bogus driver (the possibility of which we deemed highly likely),
it wouldn't tear up the Metaframe server.

Right now our printing guru is out of the office. When he comes in I'll
ask him what drivers we have settled on.