[THIN] XenDesktop 7.x Documentation Script is almost code complete

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "powershell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <powershell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:40:22 +0000

After 18 months and almost 19,000 lines of PowerShell, the XenDesktop 7.x
documentation is almost at code complete.

The script has been tested with all versions of XenDesktop 7: 7.0. 7.1, 7.5 and
7.6.

The script documents every nook and cranny of stuff you see in Studio and a few
things not shown in Studio.

Machine Catalogs
Delivery Groups
Applications
Policies (Site and AD)
Logging
Configuration
Controllers
Hosting
Licensing
StoreFront
App-V

You can get optional details on everything except Licensing and App-V.

There is extensive help text (over 525 lines of help text).

Since there is so much stuff to document in XenDesktop 7.x, I need more
testers. There is no way I can possibly have every possible combination of
machine catalogs, delivery groups and hosting resources to test with. I
especially need you if you use Hyper-V or SQL Cluster or AlwaysOn Availability
Groups.

If you would like to help test send me an email OFF LIST.

Thanks

Carl Webster
Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>