[THIN] Re: XenApp 5

  • From: "Webster" <Webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:07:18 -0600

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Greg Reese
Subject: [THIN] XenApp 5

So i downloaded XenApp 5 for Windows 2003 last night.  I understand it is
really 4.5.  But it doesn't look like they changed the names or the readme
or anything.  It is identical to the 4.5 cd.  the menus all say presentation
server 4.5 etc.  is that right or did I download the wrong thing?  I was
expecting the name to be changed at least.

XenApp 5 for Server 2003 is approximately equal to Presentation Server 4.5
FR1.  Some things will say XenApp, some things will say Presentation Server
and some things will still say MetaFrame.  Even in XenApp 5 for Server 2008,
almost every install screen says XenApp but there are still a few things
that say Presentation Server and almost every event log error still says
MetaFrame.

Webster