[THIN] Re: Wyse devices

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:49:56 -0600

I'm not sure if you're looking at any third party apps, but RES
PowerFuse will give you similar control of the apps and will take care
of your stated requirements. If third party is out of the question then
just ignore the rest of this. ;)

Here's a screenshot of our environment if you're interested. Ours is
mixed and matched. Some apps launch in the same session, and some
isolated apps launch a new seamless session. Users can't tell the
difference and you don't have to worry about authenticating with PN to
get your new shortcuts.

Everything is deployed via groups. I created a group for each app, group
of printers, and department folder. When we have a new hire they are
simply added to the groups that correspond to the apps, printers, and
department folders required.  Upon login PowerFuse will automatically
map those printers and drives, and create apps for the user.

We are using the PowerFuse shell, which you can see looks very similar
to an explorer shell, but is locked down without policies. Okay they are
there, but you don't have to make and maintain them.

Our thin clients are 100% Wyse 1200LEs and we love them! You can be
confident that as long as you are current on your firmware that the
video performance issue is not the fault of your 1200s.

Good luck,