[THIN] Re: Windows clients

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

Could use WinPE and just run the RDP client from that.
  BartPE has it all set up for you. Just pick and remove utilities you want in
there.

  http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

  JK

Tim Mangan <tmangan@> wrote:
                Not lockdown, but if you are really just interested in keeping
users from screwing up the machines and needing maintenance, you might look at
Ardence.  The OS image is on a server and if configured for this need, it will
use a fresh image each time you reboot.  There are other refresh products out
there, but these guys seem to have the best implementation.  If the desktop has
a 4200rpm drive it might even boot faster using Ardence than a native boot.