[THIN] Re: Windows 7 Ain't gonna be much different than Vista

  • From: Douglas Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:39:14 -0400

Oh yes it is ....  XP SP3 is super fast but once you load Windows Search on
XP then it slows down and I bet your Vista box was indexing like crazy too.
But then you want to install Windows Search on XP if you are going to be
using Outlook so you can index your outlook content.  It is never ending.
Lord knows I want to fork out the dollars for a solid state drive.  Can you
imagine ESX and all its VMs running from solid state drives?  (forget the
amazing, out of control, price) but someday it will be affordable and that
day will be a very good day...