[THIN] Re: Windows 7 Ain't gonna be much different than Vista

Nicely put.  I agree about the iMac.  What a brilliant piece of hardware...
And 24" screens rock!!!  My vista box has two of them and I don't know what
I would do with out them...

And yes, the NeXTSTEP OS ROCKED!   Jobs knew what he was doing at NeXT, eh?
Long live Steve Jobs!!!

DB

On 5/30/08 5:47 PM, "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I get my fast Windows desktop/ business apps from PS via ICA on a Mac. I run
> Parallels with XP as needed and then I boot into that same XP natively to run
> intensive audio and video apps for fun.
>
> I just like the Mac as a desktop and the 24" iMac is just a great size and
> screen to have on your desk. I can boot it to Windows for general use
>  but after a while I always miss the Mac OS "feel".
>
> I use a standard wireless keyboard and two button wireless mouse so there is
> no mouse envy there
>
> Keep in mind that I was a NeXTSTEP user going back to the  Winview and
> Winframe days so I have been doing this a long time. I naturally switch
> modifier keys between CNTRL and COMMAND so it is easy to cut and paste and
> navigate between platforms.. Also I avoided Mac OS thru 9, that was crap. When
> NeXTSTEP became Mac I was back in!
>

> SteveG
>
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Also, if people think a Mac does not
> crash then think again, mine crashes all the time.. it is just like Windows.
> Windows is stable until you install non-Microsoft apps.. ;)    Same with the
> Mac!! :)

Douglas A. Brown
President and Chief Technology Officer

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server
Citrix Technology Professional

DABCC,
> Inc.

Phone:    (954) 778-9558
Fax:         (941) 827-9073

E-mail:
Web:        http://www.dabcc.com

> [THIN] Re: Windows 7 Ain't gonna be much different than Vista

Ubuntu for
> workstations, CentOS for servers, works for us J

Thank You
-Doug Rooney

> Sonoma Tilemakers
 IT Systems Administrator