[THIN] Re: Windows 2008 & Metaframe XP

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:14:08 -0400

Here is my answer. Yes it is possible. You use 2008 with Hyper-V and
virtualize your 2000/2003 Servers running Metaframe XP. (although I am still
not too keen on the idea of virtualizing Citrix (I do it myself with several
servers), and it isn't the ideal way of doing things you CAN do it)

Why not especially if all you want to do is publish a few applications?

Why are you guys so quick to put people down who don't want to upgrade to
the new version of Citrix? Yeah it isn't supported anymore BUT if you know
what you are doing, your network is secure and don't need the new add-ons or
support what is the big deal?  Enlighten me please.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com