[THIN] Windows 2008 AD users and computers

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:09:39 -0400

I finally built our first Windows 2008 member server on our Windows 2003
domain.  It took me a while to find/install the mmc plug-in for AD users
and computers, but I finally found it.
Does anyone know if managing a Windows 2003 domain from a Windows 2008
server breaks anything?

I remember when I upgraded some of our servers to Windows 2003 on a
Windows 2000 domain, managing group policies from a Windows 2003 server
broke something and I would get errors on the Windows 2000 servers.
Microsoft later came out with a fix, so I'm being extra careful this
time.

Thanks,
Hector Minero
NSWCDD K55