[THIN] Re: Why the Out of Office replies?

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <jstockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:37:04 -0400

I was referring to the feature which filters out the lists they belong
to.  Which makes them either unable or unwilling.  If they don't know
about it, I would consider them unable.  If they do know about it and
don't use it, I would consider them unwilling.  Usually I find that if
someone is willing to do something, they will (especially after the
dozens of times we have had the OOO discussion).  Again as in my last
post, this is just my opinion.  YMMV (or YOMV (opinion)).
Jeff

> You are not doing anything wrong.  There are people who join
> lists and are unable or unwilling to use the Out Of Office
> Auto reply feature.

Au contraire - they are able and willing to use the out of office auto
reply thing. What they don't do, is set filters to exempt this list.

http://www.go-eol.com