[THIN] Re: Who is going to Citrix Synergy?

  • From: "Barry Flanagan" <barry.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:41:24 -0400

Jim,

We have a request in to Microsoft to get one for the Gadget Gear room.
They are looking into the possibility. We are going to have a bunch of
mobility gear as that Adam Marano blogged about from CTIA as well.

Barry

From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>

    * To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    * Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:19:54 -0400

Will you have a Microsoft Surface?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Barry Flanagan
<barry.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:

>  Jim,

> You could do a whiteboard session about your rollout at the library
and how

> it has evolved over the years. I know there are many other libraries
and

> city governments that use our software and thin clients that could
benefit

> from your experience.

> Or you could talk about your specific experiences with other software
or

> hardware in your deployment. I know you don't pull punches, so it
should be

> entertaining.

> I hope other people do sign up as well. I think this is a great way to

> provide a wider variety of technical content that can help you in the
real

> world. Some of my co-workers do not believe I will be able to get
anyone to

> sign up for this at all. I know there is a ton of knowledgeable and

> experience people that use this list. I still remember swapping emails
with

> you and others back in 1998 on kixtart scripts when I was a consultant

> before coming to citrix. I hope some of you will take the time to
share all

> that knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

> I forgot to mention earlier there will be pizza and drinks at the
GeekSpeak

> BarCamp.  There will also be a gadget lounge with a bunch of cool new
tech

> gadgets for you to try out and play with during the event. Another
team is

> trying to setup  a few pc 's with video games using Project Apollo so
you

> can get a feel for how that will work.

> If you have a session idea or want to ask question about GeekSpeak,
send me

> an email.

> Barry

> >Thanks Barry,

> >Everyone knows I am a crappy speaker but I always have an opinion
about

<barry.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxx

> >wrote:

> >  Jim,

> > I hope to see you at Synergy.

> > One of the things we are doing this year that is different is
putting

> > together an event where any attendee can signup to speak for
technical

> > sessions on the second night. I am putting this part of the show

> together.

> > As much as possible I am following the format of a technical barcamp
(see

> > barcamp.org). Starting at 6:30 on the second night (after GeekSpeak
Live

> > ends) the GeekSpeak BarCamp will begin. I will be posting a schedule

> later

> > today on the Citrix blog.. I expect to have 20 total  speaking
blocks

> > available. You can sign up to speak about any technical topic, just
no

> > marketing, product overviews, or features and benefits. We will have
four

> > sections of the GeekSpeak room in the convention center, and five 30

> minute

> > speaking slots for each. Two of the areas will have big LCD screens,
and

> two

> > will have just white boards.

> > Here are two recent blog posts I wrote about this to give you
background

> -

http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/barryf/2008/04/08/Mini-BarCamp
+at+Geek+Speak

http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/barryf/2008/04/18/More+on+Geek
Speak+at+Synergy

> > I am hoping you and many other members of this list who are
attending

> will

> > sign up for to speak at this barcamp. I think this is a great way to

> provide

> > a wider variety of technical content for the event and make it much
more

> > valuable for everyone who attends. But the only way it will work is
if we

> > get some really smart and experienced people to sign up to speak.

> > Thanks,

> > Barry Flanagan

> > [THIN] Who is going to Citrix Synergy?

> >     * From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>

> >     * To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >     * Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:22:57 -0400

> > Just curious who is planning on going to Citrix Synergy.  I am
hoping to

> > make it this year and was thinking maybe we could set up a dinner

> > someplace.

> > I am not familiar with where it is at but figured if I had an idea
of a