[THIN] Re: Where are the Office User information kept ?

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:11:54 +1000

Hi Daniel,

I've got one that does the initials as well (somewhere) but this should =
get you started.

-----
; Office2k.kix - patch office default path locations=20
; and some other office application settings

$regloc=3D"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\"
$regloc1=3D"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\UserIn=
fo"
$Version=3D"1"

; check to see if we've run already, increase version to change
if readvalue($regloc+"Common","Version")=3D$Version=20
        goto end
endif

; add user info fields for office XP
; first determine length of string

$lenstr=3Dlen(@FULLNAME)
$unistring=3D""
;? "@FULLNAME, $lenstr"

; now convert the characters to unicode

while $offset<>$lenstr=20
        $Offset=3D$offset+1
        $chr=3Ddectohex(asc(substr(@fullname,$offset,1)))
        $unistring=3D$unistring +$chr+"00"
loop

$unistring=3D$unistring +"0000"

$result=3Dwritevalue($regloc1,"UserName",$unistring,"REG_BINARY")
$result=3Dwritevalue($regloc+"Common","Version","$Version","REG_DWORD")

:end
---

Regards,

Rick