[THIN] Re: Where are the Office User information kept ?

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:18:55 -0400

I added some stuff in my login script to set the user name and initials
for people.

Here is what I ended up with.  Neil and others were a huge help.  I
can't take credit for it.

There was a big thread on this at Kix.org also.

Hopefully freelists will not mangle this too bad.

Greg

;Create basic office settings

;Registry locations
=20
$ushelfolders=3D'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\=
hell Folders'
 $userwinkey=3D'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows'
 $machinewinkey=3D'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows'
 $mofckey=3D'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\'
 $uofckey=3D'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\'
 $company=3D'Your Company Name Here'
=20
 MSUSERINFO

 FUNCTION MSUSERINFO()
       =20
       ; Process Company Name
       $x=3D1
       $regexp=3D''
       WHILE $x<(Len($company)+1)
          $regexp=3D$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr($company,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=3D$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=3D$regexp+'0000'
       $companybin=3D$regexp
            =20
       ; Process FullName
       $x=3D1
       $regexp=3D''
       WHILE $x<(Len(@fullname)+1)
          $regexp=3D$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr(@fullname,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=3D$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=3D$regexp+'0000'
       $fullnamebin=3D$regexp
       ; Process UserID
       $useridbin=3DSubStr(@wuserid,1,2)
       $x=3D1
       $regexp=3D''
       WHILE $x<(Len($useridbin)+1)
          $regexp=3D$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr($useridbin,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=3D$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=3D$regexp+'0000'
       $initials=3D$regexp
      =20
         $rc=3DAddKey($uofckey+$ver+'\Common\UserInfo')
      =20
       $regkey=3D$uofckey+$ver+'\Common\UserInfo'
      =20
          $rc=3DWriteValue($regkey,'Company',$companybin,'REG_BINARY')
          $rc=3DWriteValue($regkey,'UserName',$fullnamebin,'REG_BINARY')
          =
$rc=3DWriteValue($regkey,'UserInitials',$initials,'REG_BINARY')
         =20
 ENDFUNCTION=20