[THIN] What about this?

  • From: "Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:03:53 -0400

Hey guys,

As you are the best Citrix list around, I guess I must ask this question
here first.
I was playing with my WTSGateway Pro software last night and I figured
out we can easily change it to support ICA/XML. This means if you have 2
or 3 MetaFrame XPs servers, you would be able to load balance them
(resource based load balancing) without having to use Xpa. My question
is, is this worth anything? Or XPs is pretty much dead?
Also how much would you save on licensing if you get XPs instead of Xpa
for let's say 90-100 users (assuming around 30-35 users per server)? I
do not sell Citrix at all so I have no idea what is the price difference
between XPs and Xpa per user and even if XPs is still available.
Finallyt I want to let you know we will be releasing bi-directional
audio for RDP very soon in case anyone is interested. :-)

See ya!

Claudio Rodrigues
Microsoft MVP
Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
http://www.terminal-services.net
Starting at $199!
http://www.neoware.com