[THIN] Re: Wfshell.exe crashing

In my post i specify opening the folder, then file, server properties,
drivers tab.  This will show you the drivers installed on the server.
Drivers are never automatically uninstalled when a printer is removed.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 5/12/06, Christine Allen <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Jeff,

One question, when I open the printer folder all I see are teh autocreated
printers.  We install network printers then delete them after the install.

How else could I remove all the drivers and start from scratch?  Well
besides rebuilding the servers.

-Christine

Christine N. Allen
Systems Engineer
BMC HealthNet Plan
2 Copley Place
Boston, MA 02116

617-748-6034
617-293-4407

Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------ *From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Jeff Pitsch *Sent:* Friday, May 12, 2006 8:47 AM

*To:* thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [THIN] Re: Wfshell.exe crashing

You'll have to go through and test the drivers. The first place to start is to make sure you have no kernel mode drivers installed. Open printers and faxes and the select File, Server properties, then drivers tab. Make sure none say NT4. Then remove any multi-function drivers and remap them to known good drivers (generic HP drivers are best for testing). If none of that works, then you have to start over and test each driver for compatibility. There are also documents on Citrix and HP's website that describe exact versions that work with terminal services. Other vendors have this as well but definately not all. You can also use http://www.printingsupport.com to find compatible drivers so you can use driver remapping.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

 On 5/12/06, Christine Allen <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have 48 printers.  I reinstalled some original printers trying to fix
the issue but it did not work.  I was on maturity leave when this started
happening.

-Christine

Christine N. Allen Systems Engineer BMC HealthNet Plan 2 Copley Place Boston, MA 02216

617-748-6034
617-293-4407