[THIN] Re: Web Interface Query

  • From: Carl Stalhood <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:26:46 -0500

There is no way to remotely manage a WI server using the Access Management
Console. RDP to the server and run the AMC from there.

Prior to WI 5.0, it was possible to store the configuration in the farm
allowing remote administration. This feature has been deprecated. Now you
can only manage it by running AMC directly on the server or by modifying the
webinterface.conf file located on the server.

On each of your XenApp servers, remove the AMC-WI plugin. This way you won't
be tempted to try remote support of WI.

On the WI server, remove all AMC plugins except Foundation and WI. This
helps reinforce the split administration. In WI 5.1.1, the Admin tool only
contains the WI plugin, all of the other plugins are removed.