[THIN] Re: WYSE Terminal Connection Error

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

It depends on what your using the Terminals for but I really like the
Wyse 1200 LE Terminal with the embedded OpenBSD Kernal.

If you want something that is cheap, reliable, fast, and easy to manage then
I can vouch for the 1200LE.

You can deploy 1000's of these devices and manage their configuration from
one .INI file stored on your FTP Server.

The devices grab a DHCP Address and FTP String from the DHCP Server.  This
string
has the location of the ini file settings.

The device boots and connects to a published desktop/application in approx 4
seconds
time.

I have not had many problems at all with this device probably because it's as
close as
you can get to the KISS method for Thin Client hardware.

-MURPHY!

--- Rob Beekmans <robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Glad to be of any help....we're gone try ANT terminals soon...any =
> experience
> with those?
>
> Grx
> rob

=== message truncated ===

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."