[THIN] Re: WYSE 1200LE

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:25:58 -0500

I've deployed about 50 of them. The best thing about them is that they
boot up in approximately 5-7 seconds. I've noticed a considerable delay
in mouse movement and keystrokes compared to an ica client on a pc or on
other terminals, however. Wyse wrote a new firmware that fixed the
problem, but was ineffective at one customer's site. Their terminals
just get a black screen whenever new firmware is loaded. Wyse doesn't
know what the problem is as of yet...

I've switched to Neoware units which boot a little slower, but are
manageable for free and *feel* faster even though benchmarks show the
1200LE is faster.

Roger Riggins, A+ MCSE CCNA CCA
ACES Systems Engineer
* 319-352-1234