[THIN] Re: WAN Accelerators and WAN Accelerators with CItrix

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:12:44 +0800

We were told the same thing by our Riverbed rep as well.

Regards
mk

Mark Calleja
A/Manager Infrastructure Services
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx 19/09/2006 05:29 am >>>
From memory I dont believe Riverbed accelerators dont support Citrix
ICA type protocols due to the way they work.

We had a riverbed consultant here the other day talking about them and
he advised forget it if you want to use ICA over it, it just passes is
through. the Riverbed Accelerators are more of a disassembler/assembler
and do pattern matching on the traffic comming through then reconstruct
the traffic at the recieving end. They work very well on normal
streaming type data such as SMB, SQL etc but for other traffic such as
ICA apparently it just passes it through and cant do anything with it.

T.