[THIN] Re: WAN Accelerators and WAN Accelerators with CItrix

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:29:05 +1200

From memory I dont believe Riverbed accelerators dont support Citrix ICA type
protocols due to the way they work.

We had a riverbed consultant here the other day talking about them and he
advised forget it if you want to use ICA over it, it just passes is through.
the Riverbed Accelerators are more of a disassembler/assembler and do pattern
matching on the traffic comming through then reconstruct the traffic at the
recieving end. They work very well on normal streaming type data such as SMB,
SQL etc but for other traffic such as ICA apparently it just passes it through
and cant do anything with it.

T.