[THIN] Re: W2K Terminal Server and IIS

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:51:19 -0400

I'm not sure if there is one. It is just plain good security practice to
have the least amount of services installed on a server as possible.  Also
IIS does consume a lot of resources that are needed for users.  I think that
Rick D's tips document http://www.tweakcitrix.com also reccomends to not run
IIS on the WTS.

Personally I'd never do it but I do know of comapanies that do.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net