[THIN] Re: W2K SP2 SRP1

  • From: "Sue" <suespcs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:06:35 +0100

W2K SP2 SRP1Hi,

It maybe that MS have resolved all issues which we saw, this was detected
around 2-3 months ago, we were awaiting SP3 based on MS's confirmation of
problems and the fact that this wasn't that far down the line!!.  I have been
out of the pipeline recently and need to get back on the case!!.

I will get some more specific details on this and post once re-confimed after I
make sure there any aren't resolved by subsequent patch releases.

I know that there have been issues with the NT4 rollup patch and Checkpoint FW1
for example.

That being said, generally this appeared to be ok with most environments and no
issues were detected, I think as long as the rollup patch is applied prior to
additional Q fixes provided thereafter as some have some bearing on others this
is normally ok, sometimes people don't always consider what they are putting on
their servers and just go ahead and put on the Q fix.

I think with any patch most of the time it is probably fine but I would stay on
the side of caution, if MS agree there are issues then this proves that we
aren't the only ones to see this!!.

Cheers
Sue