[THIN] Vmware vs Citrix....

  • From: "Harry Singh" <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 12:48:57 -0400

All -

Let me preface this by saying, I run a relatively small shop with a single
CPS 4.0 farm and single WI/CSG deployment.

Now, Management wants to get involved with server virtualization. They are
heading towards the direction of VMware but i do know that Citrix is in the
virtualization space as well, but i don't know to what capacity. I,
personally, have always thought that VMware would be the route to take to
get server's and client's virtualized -- does citrix have something to
compete with vmware ESX/Workstation ?

in other words, what exactly is citrix doing with regards to virtualization
?