[THIN] Re: Virtual Memory Optimization

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:49:24 -0400

Looks like nobody responded.

First ensure that you enabled the optimization detection.  This is set in
the CMC and you can double check by looking for it in the windows services
manager.  It would need to run for at least a day and the app needs to be
run while it is running.

Assuming all that was good, it is possible that the developers did the right
thing and there are no address conflicts requiring rebasing.  It is a pain,
but one can manually look at the address range of the dlls with a freeware
tools.  You can use the sysinternals tools (like Process Explorer) to see
the dlls.  Another free tool like "PE Browser" will let you look at the dll
base address and size for each dll file.

tim