[THIN] Very OT: FINDSTR command

  • From: Phil.Hillary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:40:32 -0000

Hi all

I know this is OT so understand if I get no replies to it, but this list is
such an excellent source of information and I don't know where else to try.

We've been tasked with searching through our file servers for any files
which contain 2 strings of information.  As there are thousands of files to
search through, we're using the following for command:

        for /f %a in ('findstr /I /M /C:"nw2 4er" *.*') do findstr /I /M
/C:"se1 7sd" %a

The problem we're having is it doesn't seem to be working on file names with
spaces in it and says it cannot open the file.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Phil Hillary
Technical Support
London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
Tel: 020 7587 4019
Email: phil.hillary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES

Go to London Fire at www.london-fire.gov.uk/firesafety

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe that
you are the intended addressee, do not use, pass on or copy it in any way.
If you have received it in error, please delete it immediately and telephone
the number given, reversing the charges if necessary.