[THIN] Re: VMWare 4.5 is out now !

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:20:29 -0700

Also, this is the official updates to ESX 2.1:

Guest PXE:
ESX Server 2.1 Virtual Machines now support PXE. Using Guest PXE,
you can boot and install operating systems from a network in virtual
machines, just like physical machines. Simplifies administration and
makes it easy to share operating system images between virtual
machines and physical machines.

VLAN (802.1q) support:
Enhance security and leverage your existing network infrastructure
security with the full support for VLANs now included in ESX Server.

New Installer:
ESX Server 2.1 has a new, easy to use graphical installer. This also
includes support for scripted installs, making it more efficient to
install ESX Server on a set of blades, or regular racks, all in one
step.

Hyperthreading Support:
Leverage your hardware to the fullest by enabling hyperthreading in
ESX Server 2.1. On CPUs that support hyperthreading, ESX Server 2.1
can now utilize both "logical" CPUs for the highest performance and
utilization of your hardware.

Chris