[THIN] Using roaming profile point for temp files

Someone tell me if this is a "no no".

One of my applications requires a unique temp path for every user who
uses it.  The INI file that resides in the \windows directory for the
profile cannot take variables like %username% so I have to statically
asign the temp path for each user.  To not have to create and maintain a
file structure for all the users on Citrix, my thought is to point the
INI to the root of the users roaming profile point out on the network
(ex: p:\servers\profiles\jdoe\).

The program is extremely good about cleaning up after itself. I can't
say I've ever seen it leave temp files in the specified tempory
directory.  Am I going to run into some kind of profile load/unload
problem if I do it this way?

Or, do I just keep it safe and point it to the temp path under their
profile on the local server (c:\documents and settings\jdoe\local
settings\temp)