[THIN] Re: User Setup:

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:24:13 +1000

Hi,

Had this problem. Fixed it with a bit of kix script. Eg.

----------
$regloc1="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\UserInfo"

$lenstr=len(@FULLNAME)
$unistring=""
;? "@FULLNAME, $lenstr"

; now convert the characters to unicode

while $offset<>$lenstr
        $Offset=$offset+1
        $chr=dectohex(asc(substr(@fullname,$offset,1)))
        $unistring=$unistring +$chr+"00"
loop

$unistring=$unistring +"0000"

$result=writevalue($regloc1,"UserName",$unistring,"REG_BINARY")

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx