[THIN] User Disconnects through internet

  • From: "Thomas Eske" <teske@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:50:41 -0500

To all,
One of our clients has a Windows 2000 Terminal Server installed.
They are a Accounting firm and their clients connect to the Terminal
Server through the internet.
They go through a firewall with ports 80 and 3389 open.
The RDP settings are as follows:
End disconnect session - 1min
Active session limit - Never
Idle session limit - 1 Day
All check boxes for Override user settings are checked.

We installed the firewall about a year ago and they say that ever since
then
they have had the problem with their clients getting disconnected from
their sessions through the internet.

Also one of their programmers wrote a little script that when you
disconnect it logs it, here are the error messages that are written to
the log:
Error code - 772 or 516
Error description - Winsock send call failed or Winsock socket connect
failed

So any suggestion would be great, if you need more info let me know.

Tom Eske
Computer Technologies of WIsconsin