[THIN] Re: Upgrade to XPS to XPA

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:56:29 -0500

>When I install the new XPA farm I won't have any licenses for the new
>because they are still on the old farm? I need to keep my old farm
>until all users are on the new farm. Will Citrix share licenses with a
>different farm...how do I handle this?

Metaframe Presentation Server 3.0 will share licenses across farms.
Metaframe XP will not.

I think you can install your old license codes on the new farm, and you
then have some number of days (45?) to get them activated / transferred
via Citrix license management.

Would it be worth going to Windows 2003 on all the servers?