[THIN] 'Unknown' App Entries in RMS SQL Database

  • From: <Bill.Ramby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:25:18 -0400

 I have been cleaning up the RMS SQL database at my company ... it grew =
16GB since October 2002. The default settings are horrible, it purges
everything EXCEPT for the application table (TrackApp) at regular =
intervals.
You have to check a box in the Advanced settings and set it to something =
like
336 hours, which is two weeks of data ... just double it for a month,
obviously.

I have finally pared my database down to 5GB and was able to set a limit =
of
10GB on it -- no one has done any SQL maintenance on it ever! -- but in =
going
through it, I have noticed a HUGE amount of entries with the App name of
'Unknown' and an App_Type of -1.

" -1" is something that is generated by programs like KIX32.EXE but it
doesn't make sense. Anyone have any idea what those are being generated =
by?