[THIN] Re: UPHClean

  • From: "Dennis van Turnhout" <turnhout@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:12:35 -0400

This is what Dean Theophilou send me after I asked the same question:

It prevents USERENV errors (error # 1000 in the App section of the Event
Viewer).  According to the author of the utility:

 "The service deals with userenv/1000 where the message indicates that
the profile is not unloading and the error is "Access is denied".  To
accomplish this the service monitors for logged off users that still
have hives loaded. When that happens the service determines which
applications have handles opened to the hives and releases them.  It
logs the application name and what registry keys where left open.  After
this the system finishes unloading the profile."

Apparently, a lot of people have this problem.  I'm just glad that
someone figured it all out.